1. Favorite non-dairy milk?
I drink cows milk. I’ve tried both sweetened and unsweetened soy milk and just don’t like it.
2. What are the top 3 dishes/recipes you are planning to cook?
Breakfast Apple Pie
3. Topping of choice for popcorn?
Not a major fan of popcorn…
4. Most disastrous recipe/meal failure?
Most of them? Haha.
5. Favorite pickled item?
6. How do you organize your recipes?
The last time I looked through a cook-book [in a bookshop] I decided it either had food I didn’t like (as 85%) of the book) or the meals were so simple I could come up with them myself; so I own one book of pasta sauces and experiment with whatever I have in my cupboard. However, I’ve a small “recipe book” on my laptop which I add recipes from the internet/my mum’s hand-written baking book too.
7. Compost, trash, or garbage disposal?
I don’t have access to a compost pot/pile at the moment but I enforce a rule of recycling in our house, to my housemates dismay. [Maybe I should put that on my dammit list].
8. If you were stranded on an island and could only bring 3 foods…what would they be (don’t worry about how you’ll cook them)?
a wide selection of herbal teas [and solar-powered kettle?] =P (but that’s not food)
Pasta, either carrots or sweetcorn, Grapes.
9. Fondest food memory from your childhood?
Hmm. I remember my least-fond food memory.. erm. Hmm. Probably on the QEII when the chef made me chicken nuggets because I didn’t like the kids meals on offer.
10. Favorite vegan ice cream?
If it’s vegan it’s not really ice cream?
Vanilla; hands down.
11. Most loved kitchen appliance?
The microwave; haha! (such a student-like answer)
12. Spice/herb you would die without?
Spice = Cinnamon& Paprika.
Herb = Basil.
13. Cookbook you have owned for the longest time?
14. Favorite flavour of jam/jelly?
15. Favorite vegan recipe to serve to an omni friend?
Erm. Beans on Toast? =P
Or as yana suggests “here’s a carrot; enjoy”
16. Seitan, tofu, or tempeh?
17. Favorite meal to cook (or time of day to cook)?
Probably macaroni cheese. I get mine out of a packet and add butter, water and milk.
My favourite time of day to cook is around mid-afternoon. 2-3pm. Once everyone’s finished making lunch but the kitchen smells nice.
18. What is sitting on top of your refrigerator?
A bit of blue-tack =P
19. Name 3 items in your freezer without looking.
I only have three things in there right now =P Breaded Chicken Breast, Mixed Vegetables (sweetcorn, green beans, peas & carrot) and frozen spinach.
20. What’s on your grocery list?
Milk, bread and butter. (very vegan, no?) + apples and cucumber.
21. Favorite grocery store?
I don’t like grocery stores.
22. Name a recipe you’d love to veganize, but haven’t yet.
I. would. never. commit. such. an. atrocity.
23. Food blog you read the most. Or maybe the top 3?
Closest I get are blogs on health. I read Notes from the frugal trenches and like to look at/ hear about the meals she makes.
24. Favorite candy/chocolate?
White chocolate ❤
25. Most extravagant food item purchased lately?
Umm. Tea. Tea costs me a good £10-£15 a month. Comes from drinking an average of 14 cups a day and drinking 6 different flavours (chai, green, fennel, nettle, peppermint, peach, nettle&fennel)
26. Ingredients you are scared to work with?
I’ve yet to do any baking so.. I’ve some decikamted pokanut and some brown sugar =P