I’ve been a failing blogger this week; Apologies!!!
I’m trying to get ahead in all of my assignments before NaNoWriMo [from now on to be shortened to NaNo] on Sunday as well as preparing for my own ritual, two open circles and running two societies; including giving a talk on Samhain/Halloween in Paganism. What a week! I also went out Tuesday night to a Halloween themed night with the University Rock Music Society, which meant I got less work done than originally planned.
I also attended a NIA session on Sunday, which was great fun, but slightly uncomfortable for me at this stage; I think I’ll wait a bit before trying it again; work on my confidence in those sorts of situations.
If I remember correctly, I never posted about my 14 days of 5-a-day. I finished it with one fail-day: On day 13, due to unexpectedly being away from home, I only managed 4 of my 5. I let myself off, making sure I had more on the final day [seven, in fact].
Overall, I discovered that it’s not as hard to manage as I’d first thought. This week I’ve probably had at least 5-a-day just out of habit without really trying; which is fantastic.
* I eat more of the ‘healthy’ snacks – an apple, banana, some grapes or a segment of cucumber while I’m waiting for the kettle/pasta to boil.
* I batch cook which allows me to have a constant supply of pre-cooked vegetables ready to be chucked into spaghetti, soup or Pasta ‘n’ sauce.
* I’ve learnt that using frozen mixed vegetables can give me a variety so I don’t get sick of the same vegetables over and over.
I’m struggling a bit this week with some family drama, which was followed by some timely drama within my own house. These have caused me to be a bit more distant over the past week- so I apologise to those of you who feel I’ve been withdrawing – I’ll be back soon, honest.
So plans to be finished by 11pm on October 31st include:
– time online with husband
– prepare and do own ritual for Samhain
– start the 1,000 word cognitive psychology II lab report. [aiming to complete 300 words]
– finish going through Applied Cognitive Psychology paper – work on critiquing presentation and essay for it
– check train/bus times for Sunday’s open circle
– do some deep breathing/dancing so I don’t murder housemate who is smoking in the house AGAIN [though thankfully it’s not weed this time]
– give plot outline a once-over for NaNo
– tidy up this damn bedroom
– write up lecture notes from week 3 [oops, running two weeks late on that chore]
– do SOME of my core reading.. anything.. a single word of it…
– sing to keep up the new key/tone/pitch etc
– finalise my resolutions for the Pagan New Year
– do daily scheduled Kanji and Hiragana revision
– fit in some sleeping, eating and toilet breaks.
Wish me luck? =P
Have a wonderful weekend and may the stars bless you;