- Shredded Wheat
- An Apple
- Milky Way Magic Stars x2
- Breaded Chicken Breast with leftover chicken/mushroom pasta + fresh thyme.
- Three squares mint dark chocolate
- Potatoes in butter & parsley , Carrots, Sweetcorn, Green Beans, Spinach, Broccoli, Baby Sweetcorn, with 2 Yorkshire puddings.
- Noodles with sweetcorn & carrot
At home I’m given cod fish fingers every Friday. Last year at University I had tuna on three occasions. Adding up to about Two Tins in Thirty weeks.
This is my forth week here and I’ve yet to have any form of fish. What are some easy and fun ways to eat tuna? I’m not a huge fan of it, I don’t like tuna steaks – just the tinned stuff and I don’t like it raw. Yes, this is why I rarely eat it. I do have a tuna-pasta bake planned in the future but need simpler ways to get fish into my diet.
I also haven’t had potato in 2 weeks. I’ve some new potatoes ready to boil and make mash with, but for some reason, haven’t gotten round to using them. I also used to eat 3-4 cans of sweetcorn a week and haven’t opened a single tin yet.
I guess today’s meal should be mashed potato with sweetcorn and tuna; but I’ve leftovers to use up. .. –time passes- Well, that solves that. I’ve just used up the pasta n sauce from yesterday so I’m free to have potatoes & vegetables tonight with sweetcorn.
In relation to menu planning, I’ve been looking through recipes, but I find the shear number of ingredients scares me. The “perfect pasta” page of the NHS 5-1-day website uses 17 ingredients. They use garlic and both tinned tomatoes and raw ones, they use dried herbs and fresh basil, black pepper and salt.
When I boil pasta, I have hot water and pasta… and then add 3-4 vegetables. that’s it. Drain and serve with butter. Everything looks more complicated at a glance in these recipes.
It’ll be the Pagan New Year in a couple of weeks and I’m looking for some healthier choices to use as resolutions. So far I’m looking at:
[ Light exercise daily
- [do’ing, stretches, bellydance, warm-ups, free weights, push ups]
[ Eating at least 5 varieties of fruit/vegetables daily
- Regardless of portion size/whether it counts
[ Eat three types of meat a week.
- [This is specifically because I find myself going without protein – I don’t eat many nuts, seeds, lentils, vegetarian options thus need meat]
What would you choose?